Windows 10 Won't Boot Properly After IOBit Optimization

Th3N3rdyGam3r

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
A couple months back, I built my first PC. I have been having problems with it since. A couple weeks ago I finally got it all working. I was doing some optimization on my computer (moving files, adding/removing programs, and using IOBit programs to optimize my computer) and had to restart a couple times, but there were no problems. The next day, my computer took much longer to start up, and when it booted up, nothing was working. The lights on my mouse were on, but the keyboard was off and the activity light on my card reader was off. I am completely unable to login to Windows. I then tried using a bootable Ubuntu USB to test if it was hardware or software, and it worked perfectly. I have changed the extensions of the backup and currently use files in C:\Windows\System32\Config to use the old files, but that doesn't work either. I have also tried windows startup repair and recovery, both of which didn't work. I have run out of ideas and don't know what to do, nor do I want to reinstall Windows. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

The problem may lie in Windows 10 already. Do try loading it in Safe Mode and see if you can salvage it.
- While the PC is booting up, repeatedly tap on F8 until you reach Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode.
- Once in Safe Mode do run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If all these will not work you may need to do another clean install of Windows 10 with your PC to solve the issue.

Th3N3rdyGam3r

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately the second windows starts to load, my keyboard and mouse fail to function. I was able to get it to boot into safe mode through the command prompt with a windows recovery disk, but my keyboard and mouse still failed to load. Is there any way to easily move files over, or are they all lost?