Browsers are super laggy in Windows 10...why???

TheGreatAus

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Hello there!

After I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, two things were quite noticeable: the startup time (great) and super laggy browsers (not so great). The system updated itself...so maybe there is an issue there?

I can't figure it out. Windows runs on my 128 GB SSD that has like 50 GB of space left, 8 GB of DDR3 RAM at 1800 MHZ or so, and an AMD A8-5600K quad-core processor at 4.2 GHz coupled to a ASUS Radeon HD 7560 HD video card that is married to the APU to speed things up. I would imagine that this would have plenty of strength to run an internet browser at full speed ahead, plus a mach one or two.

It seems like other people have had this issue...I can't seem to figure it out. I tried a few things out in about:config in firefox, and it seems to have helped a bit, but it's still not NEARLY as fast as Windows 7 was. It's kind of a joke really, if I could go back to Windows 7 I would.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!!

Mrcrazed

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015

Did you try installing a new browser/ re-installing your current one?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Not sure if this info will help or not... but after I upgrade from Win7 to Win10 I noticed tons... and I mean... TONS... of new tracking cookies that are installed on a daily basis. That could be your problem... I use SuperAntiSpyware FREE Edition to remove them.

TheGreatAus

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011

I just tried that and it seemed to help along with all of the other about:config stuff. It seems like the one program that really kicks Firefox's ass is Adobe Flash. There's something in there that doesn't agree with it and makes it go bonkers. Regardless, it's better. I'll also try get that antispyware thing, maybe it will help