I need a mindump analyzed please | Win10 | BSOD on Tera

UsaraDark

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
So recently, I upgraded to a Xeon 1231 v3 CPU and Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 Mobo (with the intention of upgrading in the future). From my previous build, I have a EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 2GB, and 16 gigabyte of ram. My power supply is the OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY, 700W.

Lately, in Tera, I have been getting fps stuttering, and at worst, BSOD. This occurs occasionally to the point where I can't clear a full instance run without some kind of crash or system crash. I believe it has something to do with my new motherboard, but i would like to make sure.

I have an old GTX 9800 and plan on testing it out tomorrow to see if it is a mobo or gpu issue. I have also tested it with Unigine Heaven with maxed x4 AA with a stable 25 fps.

Please analyze the minidump, if it explains the problem it would help immensely.

The 660 is running stock settings.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6YxnQKruy5YT2lJa180VFhBeVU

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

I sign in to google, now says that a request has been sent to you and i will be emailed when you except,then i can view, there are easier ways you know, lol

Did you do a full reinstall of windows when you changed the motherboard and CPU? You're going to run into problems if you "upgraded" from anything other than another haswell chip. On top of that, some motherboards need a new bios to support xeon chips. Throw in a clean install of the graphics drivers while you're at it.

UsaraDark

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
I did a bit more testing, using my old motherboard, and I learned that the issue was the GPU, but the motherboard it seems like. When using my old Asus mobo, it ran fine without any dips in GPU usage. But when using the gigabyte mobo, my GPU was dipping consistently, followed by crashes and such.

However, when I switched my GPU to an old GTX+ 9800, I did not crash or stutter. I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Would like the minidump analyzed.