BenQ GW2765HT backlight bleeding

andriis5

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hello,

I have BenQ GW2765HT IPS monitor.
After ~6-8months of use strange gray spot appeared in middle of screen(maybe something due to heat as it was summer).
I took to warranty and they replaced the panel, but the new panel now has very evident backlight bleed in lower right corner:

dSjyUy2

http://imgur.com/dSjyUy2

I took it back, but now they responded:
"Uneven LCD illumination, is not considered a defect, because that is the panel design feature".

What strikes me is that it is only one corner, the others are I would say perfect. It really gets annoying when watching movies with black bars or even gaming in dark areas.

What do you say - Des it looks to be acceptable level of bleeding and I should live with it, or should I try to argue?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello,

That is a defect known as IPS glow, it's not backlight bleed. It's also not caused by heat. If you're primarily using the monitor in the dark, consider buying a VA panel, and not IPS. Deeper blacks, ideal for use in the dark, especially for movies. The black bars in a blu ray source are there, because the consumer discs are sold as 1920x1080, but 1920x817 is the actual movie, with a VA, the black bars disappear and so it's increasing your immersion, highly recommend!
Hello,

That is a defect known as IPS glow, it's not backlight bleed. It's also not caused by heat. If you're primarily using the monitor in the dark, consider buying a VA panel, and not IPS. Deeper blacks, ideal for use in the dark, especially for movies. The black bars in a blu ray source are there, because the consumer discs are sold as 1920x1080, but 1920x817 is the actual movie, with a VA, the black bars disappear and so it's increasing your immersion, highly recommend!

Solution

andriis5

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hi,

Ok, I thought it was backlight bleed. It's visible from all angles and when I apply a bit of force like trying to warp the corner it becomes like 75% less visible.

Not really up to buying new LCD at the moment. Guess I'll have to live with it for now.
Or dismantle it to try electrical tape fix, if I get the courage :)

Anyway, thanks!