how to transfer my files from win 10 32 bit to my clean install of win 10 64 bit

elrich29

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
i'm switching to the 64 bit win 10 from my 32 bit win 10. i know i have to do a clean install of 64 bit but i want my files from the 32 bit. how do i do that?

Solution
Hi,

If I understand your concern correctly, you only have 1 HDD which had Windows 10 32 bit in it and what you want to do is to do a clean install with it with Windows 10 64 bit right? If this is the case make sure to back up all your files first into an external drive before doing the clean install of Win 10 64 bit. Once done you can just restore your files back into the newly formatted drive with Win 10 64 bit.

If you're just planning to add another HDD with Win 10 64 bit, just use the HDD that has Win 10 32 bit as a slave drive meaning make the other drive that has 64 bit in it and you'll still be able to access all your files.

Hopefully this will help you.
Hi,

If I understand your concern correctly, you only have 1 HDD which had Windows 10 32 bit in it and what you want to do is to do a clean install with it with Windows 10 64 bit right? If this is the case make sure to back up all your files first into an external drive before doing the clean install of Win 10 64 bit. Once done you can just restore your files back into the newly formatted drive with Win 10 64 bit.

If you're just planning to add another HDD with Win 10 64 bit, just use the HDD that has Win 10 32 bit as a slave drive meaning make the other drive that has 64 bit in it and you'll still be able to access all your files.

Hopefully this will help you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS