Windows 10 (or steam OS) onto an xbox 360 slim?

Moses148

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Hi, Im currently using laptop for when Im at home away from university, however this laptop doesn't have the graphic potential to play games (lacks memory on the on-board graphics chip). However I do happen to own a Xbox 360 slim and was wondering if its possible to re-purpose it to run games.

Now i know it would be limited but if its possible then it could potentially be better than the laptop. One of the main parts of inquiery is the RAM, now I know the original xbox 360 has 512 Ram, but i thought I remembered reading (just before the slim was released) about the slim having something like 4gb, is that part true? Also if it was possible to get windows on it, would it take up too much resources and so would steam OS be a better option

meaga1n

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
XBOX 360 is PowerPC I think, not x86. You can on the original XBOX which I think was a Pentium 3-ish Intel CPU so you could chroot into Linux of some kind then boot it with QEMU, but emulation is slow so it's not worth it.
The XBOX One on the other had has an AMD CPU and runs a version of Windows 10 now, but can't run desktop apps, only the Metro... sorry I mean "Modern"-like Universal Apps.

Re-purposing to run games? I'm not an expert but I think it does that already lol

TRENDING THREADS