USB Headset not being recognized by computer.

Strat_

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
I have seen this question before but my case is a little different.

I have a Turtle Beach PX3 Headset and I have for awhile.

Once I got the newest Windows 10 Update my headset stopped being recognized by my computer.

The thing is there is a scroll wheel on the headset where you can control the volume, and while it's plugged in I can change the volume with said scroll wheel but I hear no sound and it still says "Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio" not my headset.
Can anyone help?

EDIT: I also went into the device manager, scanned for recent hardware changes, and saw that my device has some kind of error symbol. I right clicked and I'm scanning my computer for drivers and such.

Solution
Sorry, I couldn't reply sooner.

I looked both high and low and couldn't find any info for later revisions of your laptop BIOS or your drivers. I came across this page but I'd add salt to that page as you might be downloading malware within those zipped files or worse have to deal with a third party installer.

I eventually would have suggested going for a chipset driver installation:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-
^courtesy of Intel and version 10 instead of 9.3

How did you get it to work? There may be others looking for a solution.

Strat_

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015

I have tried installing the preset manager and that didn't work.
My Specs :
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.50GHz
RAM: 8GB
System Type: 64 Bit
Graphics Card: Intel HD 4000
It has always been "Plug n play" for me until now and I don't understand why it's not.

Strat_

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Ok guys so I figured it out, you just have to go onto the previous build. I think it had something to do with the windows update, though entirely not sure.

Lutfij

Titan
Sorry, I couldn't reply sooner.

I looked both high and low and couldn't find any info for later revisions of your laptop BIOS or your drivers. I came across this page but I'd add salt to that page as you might be downloading malware within those zipped files or worse have to deal with a third party installer.

I eventually would have suggested going for a chipset driver installation:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-
^courtesy of Intel and version 10 instead of 9.3

How did you get it to work? There may be others looking for a solution.

Solution