Trouble connecting to my home wifi with my recently upgraded Windows 10 laptop

Stupio

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Ever since I downloaded Windows 10 onto my laptop I've been having issues with connecting to my home wifi. I'm still able to connect to my wifi with all my other devices so I don't think my modem/router is the problem, but when I bring my laptop to work I'm able to connect to the wifi at work just fine. My laptop does connect to my home wifi occasionally and disconnects suddenly. What I've been noticing is that my laptop will be connected to my home wifi and then I'll bring my laptop to work and then when I get back home and open up my laptop it won't connect to my home wifi. However if I leave the laptop alone for a while it will eventually connect. Also I should point out that my home wifi shows as available in the list of available wifi connections, but when I try to connect to it says it "can't connect to this network". I've tried troubleshooting and I've tried manually resetting my wireless network adapter, but it doesn't work. The only thing that works is just waiting for it to randomly connect on its own.

Solution
Try using the latest Windows 10 driver for your network adapter from the laptop manufacturers support page instead the one provided by Windows.

TRENDING THREADS