Samsung 840 Evo SSD no longer boots

alecuskimbilius

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
I recently bought a new Samsung 840 Evo and installed it. Everything worked perfectly, booted super fast and I was happy. Upgraded to Windows 10 with it because I knew it'd be faster than updating beforehand with my old 5400 rpm hdd. Well during the update my laptop died and didn't complete the update. I tried to turn it on and it gave me the error saying all boots have been tried. Followed other forums to configure bios to find a work around but it just takes me to a screen telling me to insert a boot drive. I'm not sure if there is a fix for this or if my ssd is just a bust and I gotta get a new one. Any advice or input would be awesome thanks.

Solution
If you windows 7, or 8 disk that the original operating system is on try inserting that and go to the boot menu and boot the dvd drive. Once in try reinstalling the original operating system. If that does work just try updating to windows ten again.
You can also try straight installing windows 10 but you will not get the free upgrade. If you need more information just post so and I will see if I can help.
Hope this helps you.

alecuskimbilius

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

Yeah bios doesn't even show it. I figured it was busted but I thought I'd check. And I got the 840 on a sale and just needed an ssd for my old Samsung series 5 laptop otherwise I would've gotten the 850.

creation88

Reputable
May 12, 2015
If you windows 7, or 8 disk that the original operating system is on try inserting that and go to the boot menu and boot the dvd drive. Once in try reinstalling the original operating system. If that does work just try updating to windows ten again.
You can also try straight installing windows 10 but you will not get the free upgrade. If you need more information just post so and I will see if I can help.
Hope this helps you.

Solution