Can't Upgrade to Windows 10 -- Tried Everything!

InfernalSurge

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Hi, it seems that my PC just doesn't want to upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 no matter what I try And I've tried EVERYTHING from forum posts. This is ridiculous. I just got this error message after upgrading from a USB stick that says "Something happened. Windows 10 installation has failed." What the ***?! I've attached a screenshot.
AkSnSvc

http://imgur.com/AkSnSvc

I'm out of ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

InfernalSurge

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

I downloaded Windows 10 onto a USB, and then performed the upgrade via the USB within Windows 8.1... Am I doing something wrong?

Btw, I have a SSD as my boot drive and a HDD. I've unplugged the HDD just in case, but I still get the same error message.

InfernalSurge

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Alright, I'll try to boot using my USB. Do I need my product key to do this? I downloaded it to my USB from the media creation tool.

Also, when I plug my hard drive back in, will all the data on that be readable in Windows 10?

it will be fine, during the install it will give you the option to upgrade just don't use the custom option because that's the option that would let you do a clean install. if you still can't do a successful install this way your only option may be to back up all your data and do a clean install.

InfernalSurge

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

So I can just go ahead and boot from my usb? What's the other option that's not custom, I'm guessing it's express?

InfernalSurge

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Ah I see, I will try to boot from my USB.

InfernalSurge

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Unfortunately, I can't upgrade from booting with my USB. I get the Windows install screen and all and I selected the "Upgrade" option instead of the Custom. However, a window pops up after that says "Compatibility report The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Them, insert the installtion media and restart the upgrade.

What am I supposed to do now?