Really,what's positive about low refresh rate?

Seemly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
My laptop 's 4k monitor suppots up to 48hz af all resolutions, a friend of mine is trying to convince me it is good but I don't see in any way how

Solution
Laptops usually have slower response times and lower refresh rate and people don't seem to notice. Also faster is really important mainly for gaming, movies on the tv mainly run on 30hz for example and there is not much of a problem. As long as you are not experience screen tearing then there is nothing wrong with that refresh rate. The only positive feature I can think of on the lower refresh rate is the lower stress on the GPU with vertical sync but that's about it.
Laptops usually have slower response times and lower refresh rate and people don't seem to notice. Also faster is really important mainly for gaming, movies on the tv mainly run on 30hz for example and there is not much of a problem. As long as you are not experience screen tearing then there is nothing wrong with that refresh rate. The only positive feature I can think of on the lower refresh rate is the lower stress on the GPU with vertical sync but that's about it.

Solution
Well laptops are not generally good for gaming, yeah sure you can game on them but if you want the real gaming experience then you need a PC. Laptops with good gpus do the job, 60hz is not as good but that's pretty much the best laptop users get. Unless you get a new laptop with GSync but have no idea how well those run.