SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE BSOD still persisting after resetting my laptop

bhavit_sharma

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
I have lenevo Z51-70 i7 model and currently running windows 10. My laptop got stuck on the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION__NOT_HANDLE Blue screen. It happened suddenly and the blue screen got stuck forever on 100% until I hard pressed the power button. After restarting with the help of power button, the system again got crashed to the blue screen. After 5-6 tries, I managed to get it started, and running the desktop screen again. After that I RESET WITHOUT DELETING PERSONAL FILES , but then also the system crashes with the same issue the only difference being it automatically restarts after 100% bar is achieved on the blue screen. Please, help me. I am really sick of this issue and windows in general.

My laptop configurations are:-
i7 5500U
AMD TROPO XT2 DDR3L 4G
1TB 9.5MM 5400RPM
8G(1*8GBDDRIIIL1600)

A few minutes before BSOD, the laptop automatically gets disconnected to wifi, then reconnects again with the LIMITED YELLOW SIGNAL ON WIFI, and then suddenly windows 10 crashes going into BSOD. After few tries of hard pressing the power button, I manage to get it started but my laptop doesn't connects to the wifi. After again some restarts, my laptop finally connects to the wifi. But again after some 4-5 hours, the same thing happens and windows crashes.

here's the link to the dump(.dmp) file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1yhFrxtsDsyNzd1WnJCZWlMcnM/view?usp=sharing

Solution
the timestamp of the installed driver was
Timestamp: Mon May 18 13:18:19 2015

you should use a updated version, if you installed the update then it was not selected as the default.
or the windows plug and play reinstalled it after it was removed.

you can start cmd.exe as an admin then run
pnputil.exe -e

this will show all the driver packages on your machine, you can look in the list and then delete the old version after you find the oemXX.inf where xx is the number of the .inf file.
the you can remove the package via
pnputil.exe -d oemXX.inf (in my case my extra intel driver is oem7.inf)
my windows machine currently has 8 .inf files for my one intel card.

if you get a new memory dump but with the updated driver...

Lutfij

Titan
Is this a clean install of Windows 10 or did you avail your free upgrade through the Windows update option? According to Lenovo's product page you have a BIOS update available that is necessary for Windows 10's operation dated 10/23/2015 with ver. C2CN19WW(V2.00). Have you installed it alongside all the other drivers found on their support site?

When you speak of your Wifi going into that state just before BSOD would indicate a number of driver conflicts on your system pertaining to your network adapter. Is the wireless adapter from Intel, Broadcom, Realtek or Atheros?

Likewise, can you get into Safe Mode? You can try uninstalling your drivers and reinstalling them within safe mode if booting into OS is too much trouble.

Since all this troubleshooting can possibly result in loss of critical data, I'd suggest backing up your data with CMD. The last possible course of action would be a re installation of Windows 10.

bhavit_sharma

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015

I have qualcomm ATHEROS QCA61X4 wireless network driver installed. And I reset the laptop with selecting the option that it won't delete my personal files. Also last night, another crash happened, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL., after last night , this crash or any other didn't happen till now or any wifi glitches. Can you tell me how to resolve the network driver conflict?

Also , I didn't know about any of the BIOS update, I thought that these came along with automatic windows update. I tried to update the BIOS but it showed this error :-
"UNABLE TO EXCEUTE FILE
C;\BIOS\C2CN19WW\C2CN19WW.EXE
CREATE PROCESS FAILED; CODE 740
THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION"

There's one thing more, before resetting my laptop I was able boot after 5-6 tries, I didn't tried to go to the safe mode.
Thanks a lot!

Lutfij

Titan
Install the Qualcomm drivers under compatibility mode with Windows 7/8
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 7/8 [from drop down menu]

Regarding your BIOS installation, install in elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator

Don't thank me yet ;) though you're welcome!

bhavit_sharma

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015

So, I've now updated my bios and updated my wifi driver from lenevo website under windows 7 compatibility. Now, how would I know if everything is now ok in my laptop ? Should I wait for two or three days to see if windows 10 crashes or not?. Also last night, another crash happened, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem, what's causing this one?

bhavit_sharma

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015

BTW, I've updated my post to include the link to the dump files if you want.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you get any BSOD's after your BIOS update and your driver re-installation? Speaking of drivers, you've installed all the necessary drivers found on your product's support page right?

If you're yet experiencing the BSOD's and have posted your .dmp files in your initial post then the issue is with your networking controller as per these culprits:
Qcamain10x64.sys
ndis.sys

bhavit_sharma

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015

NO.. Till now, I didn't get any BSOD's after the bios update, and I installed the necessary wifi drivers only not the others.
So are the issue you told as
"Qcamain10x64.sys
ndis.sys"
resolved after updating bios and reinstalling the wifi driver?

looks like none of your drivers are updated to the versions provided by lenovo right after the windows 10 ship.

just go here and install the updated drivers:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Z-Series-laptops/z51-70?tabName=downloads

-you may have to right click on the file and select run as administrator to get them to install correctly.
you should pick the windows 10 version and should not have to install a old driver.

There are two versions of wireless drivers provided, use the one dated 7/13/2015 if you have updated the BIOS version.

it is a combo card wifi and bluetooth and should update the generic Qcamain10x64.sys from may 18 2015 that you have on your system.

bhavit_sharma

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015

Wait, should'nt I update the wifi driver to the latest 11/11/15? I can't see one dated with 7/13/15. I have Atheros Wireless adapter , and in the lenevo's "WIRELESS LAN SECTION there's only one with the atheros adapter. Also , are you asking me to seperately update Bluetooth and modem drivers also ?

the timestamp of the installed driver was
Timestamp: Mon May 18 13:18:19 2015

you should use a updated version, if you installed the update then it was not selected as the default.
or the windows plug and play reinstalled it after it was removed.

you can start cmd.exe as an admin then run
pnputil.exe -e

this will show all the driver packages on your machine, you can look in the list and then delete the old version after you find the oemXX.inf where xx is the number of the .inf file.
the you can remove the package via
pnputil.exe -d oemXX.inf (in my case my extra intel driver is oem7.inf)
my windows machine currently has 8 .inf files for my one intel card.

if you get a new memory dump but with the updated driver, put it on a server and post a link.

Solution