How to make HDMI work?

saadsultan

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I have a r9 280 which works fine on VGA but my new ASUS VX239H has an HDMI input too, when I connect that with the PC using the HDMI cable provided monitor just turns on says "no signal HDMI" and goes on standby and screen turns black, it doesn't allow any mode selection or anything, it doesn't go in menu either, I assume iit's not getting a signal from the gpu since it is still giving signal to VGA? I know this because as soon as I connect the VGA the display comes on. So yeah how to make it work on HDMI?

Solution
Plug in the HDMI cable with the VGA cable still connected, go into your Crimson or Catalyst settings and make sure the HDMI port is enabled, then use the source button on the monitor to switch to HDMI and you can disconnect the VGA cable.

saadsultan

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

What Remote? it's a PC not a TV

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Plug in the HDMI cable with the VGA cable still connected, go into your Crimson or Catalyst settings and make sure the HDMI port is enabled, then use the source button on the monitor to switch to HDMI and you can disconnect the VGA cable.

Solution

saadsultan

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Can I bother you with one more request, can you tell me how to enable the port?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Unfortunately I don't remember off the top of my head, (and I'm not home to try it), but you need to go into the Display options and then see if HDMI is selectable as one of your displays, and then switch to it.

saadsultan

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

I tried a lot of things since I posted and did what you suggested but their was no HDMI at all even while the monitor was connected. Either the ports seems to be messed or maybe the cable provided is, I will try another cable tomorrow or the day after.