WiFi stops working when USB plugged in.

bogdan6700

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hello everyone,

This question might have been asked before, I read almost anything I could find, but with no luck. I have a Surface Pro 3 with Win10. Now every time I plug a USB, the WiFi goes to limited and then disappears completely. Sometimes the networks are still being shown, I just can't connect to any of them.

I have tried to plug in a mouse USB receiver to see if it affects it, it does not. I have also seen some people say it might be a power consumption thing, which would be odd as a small USB flash drive should be supported by any machine(surely one that is over 1.000$).

I have tried disabling HyperV. Tried uninstalling the driver, same one pops up after I search for changes or restart the machine.

Also went into the advanced adapter settings and checked if the WiFi is main priority, which seems to be.

I hope there is an option that tells the PC to disable the WiFi, I wouldn't want to have to send it back.

Thanks for the help!

bogdan6700

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

These don't really help. I have done one more test. If I connect the USB to a USB hub and the hub to the tablet, then it works fine. I'm starting to think it must be a hardware problem.

bogdan6700

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

I tried contacting microsoft on their website multiple times but the "start chat", "call me" etc buttons don't work, even though I have tried multiple browsers. Pretty annoying.