Drivers to install after formatting windows 10

Bashamock

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
What Drivers should I install after formatting windows 10? Is there a way to, say, scan my PC and it'll tell me the drivers?

Solution
You don't list what you have for hardware (factory computer/laptop or custom built PC, etc.). Depending on your hardware, Win 10 should find a lot of them automatically. However if you have more specialty/custom hardware like a video card and sound card, you'll need to go to the driver support websites of that equipment (Nvidia, AMD, Creative Labs, etc.).
You don't list what you have for hardware (factory computer/laptop or custom built PC, etc.). Depending on your hardware, Win 10 should find a lot of them automatically. However if you have more specialty/custom hardware like a video card and sound card, you'll need to go to the driver support websites of that equipment (Nvidia, AMD, Creative Labs, etc.).

Solution

Bashamock

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014

I added a CPU/New Motherboard to it a few weeks ago and a new GC about a month ago. So all I'd need is for the GC?

For the most part, yes. I would strongly recommend *not* using the driver/utility CD/DVD that came with your motherboard. Most of that stuff is just bloatware that will slow down your PC.

1. Type your motherboard model in the Google search engine and click on the motherboard manufacturer's website product page from the results that come up... Once in the maufacturer's product page, click on Support > Drivers/Downloads > Download the updated motherboard drivers.

2. Every new motherboard package includes a disk that contains all the necessary drivers (Bloatware appart). The included drivers may be outdated depending on the motherboard manufacturing and packaging date.

3. There are many driver scanner and updater programs.. some are safe and some are not... I've used SlimDrivers for years and found it very safe... and to make it to only do what you want it to, disable it's automatic functions from the Settings page and next scan your computer for missing or outdated drivers... and from the drivers list, click on the ones you want to install/update. After you're done, as long as it's automatic functions are disabled it doesn't do anything automatically so you can leave it installed, or if you prefer, unistall it, and reinstall it the next time you need it again.
https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php