Won't let me reset or even re-install windows cause my hard drive isn't in GPT format or something

I Am__

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
Won't let me reset or restore or ANYTHING after an update all I did this time was install cs:go which is very popular and doesn't have virus' even re-installing windows says my HDD needs to be reformatted to GPT or something like that and it won't let me do even that. EDIT: sometimes it does say the HDD is in the right format but when I choos the drive it says to remove installation media then restart put it back in and it'll work but it just continues to say that it goes back to not right format

Solution
Im sure you have figured this out already but for anyone else i was having the same problem, all that i had to do was restart my pc after formatting the drive went through way to much googling to figure that out myself idk if this will fix for everybody but it worked for me!
Hey there, I Am__!

What is the capacity of your HDD and what is the model of your motherboard?
I'd suggest you to check in the BIOS if you have the boot priority set properly. If the drive is less than 2.2 TB in size, you should be able to successfully reinstall Windows on it using MBR partition table. However, if the drive is above that capacity, you'd definitely need the HDD to be reformatted in GPT partition table and a UEFI BIOS-compatible motherboard in order to be able to reset/clean install the OS.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting. More details about the system would definitely be helpful.
SuperSoph_WD

Jc93

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
Im sure you have figured this out already but for anyone else i was having the same problem, all that i had to do was restart my pc after formatting the drive went through way to much googling to figure that out myself idk if this will fix for everybody but it worked for me!

Solution