Crypto Library Internal Error when Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

ihameed46

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
I keep getting the error when trying to install Windows 10 as a clean install or via an upgrade route from W7. I have tried using a DVD media and I have tried the upgrade route via an installed W7 Ultimate edition. I can't seem to find what this error points to. It seems to be very basic and happens after the set up has gone through downloading and is booting for the first time after all the files have been downloaded. I have tried the upgrade route twice now. I have gone to the Microsoft website to see what this error pertains to but get no where. When using the DVD media I get the error when I load the DVD in an external USB drive. So I don't even get to the point where the language options appear. Can any one in the forum shed any light on the matter? The upgrade was done via clicking on the windows logo in the tray at the bottom of the desktop.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried downloading the installer using Microsoft's Media Creation tool's? I suspect that your installer on your DVD may be corrupt or that there is a problem with your Windows 7 installation.

In any case, its best if you're thinking of a migration to Windows 10 that you perform a clean installation instead of the buggy and massively headache crammed upgrade path. I would also like to ask your systems specs. There can be an instance of your system requiring a BIOS update prior to Windows 10 functioning.

Did you run any cryptographic services on your system prior or are using currently? Cryptographic in the sense, data encryption on your HDD.

ihameed46

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010

ihameed46

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hi Lutfij, thanks for your response. It turned out that it was the case of a bad CPU, believe it or not. It had a damaged on chip video capability which for some reason was effecting loading of both W7 and W10. Even the media creation tool would cause errors right at the end. Finally, giving up I went to a computer store who checked out my build, tried a new CPU and reported that the CPU was the issue. Since then I have bought a new CPU (same model) and had zero issues. Even got my Samsung SM951 NVME SSD to install W10 with no problems.