upgrade asus ux31a to windows 10

recDNA

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Has anybody updated his asus ux31a zenbook from 8.1 to 10? My model came with windows 8. Flawless update to 8.1 but I've heard windows 10 breaks touchpad and maybe keyboard too?

Solution
According to Asus's product support page there is no support fro Windows 10. I wouldn't be surprised if people migrating to Windows 10 irrespective of an OEM key or an upgrade path to experience issues with a broken keyboard and touch/trackpad on their Zenbook.

As it is users with systems/laptops/devices with full driver support for Windows 10, provided by manufacturer's, are experiencing issues you've stated so its anyone's guess what sort of generic drivers will be loaded up onto the Zenbook when someone decides to go Windows 10.

Personally I'd ask you to wait out and see if Asus do roll out support for Windows 10 for your particular device via a BIOS update and corresponding drivers for devices within. Asus is usually...

Lutfij

Titan
According to Asus's product support page there is no support fro Windows 10. I wouldn't be surprised if people migrating to Windows 10 irrespective of an OEM key or an upgrade path to experience issues with a broken keyboard and touch/trackpad on their Zenbook.

As it is users with systems/laptops/devices with full driver support for Windows 10, provided by manufacturer's, are experiencing issues you've stated so its anyone's guess what sort of generic drivers will be loaded up onto the Zenbook when someone decides to go Windows 10.

Personally I'd ask you to wait out and see if Asus do roll out support for Windows 10 for your particular device via a BIOS update and corresponding drivers for devices within. Asus is usually the first in implementing migration ready drivers for the latest platforms. In spite of your upgrade adviser suggesting a free upgrade to Windows 10, the glitches are worth less for the trouble it gives.

You could however try it out though please be careful to back up all your data onto an external storage device.

Hope that helps.

Solution