New Dell P2414H screen won't work using DP! Works using DVI

666pluto

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
I bought I New rig today, including a Dell P2414H monitor. I tried connecting it using the included DP cable, but it says a message about no signal and entering Power saving mod after! Installing windows 10 64bit and general drivers didn't help. I also made sure to set the display input manually on DP.

It do work however using a dvi cable!

What could be the problem? I need to install drivers or similar for the monitor? Every thing is new...

Intel i5-6500 3.2Ghz(3.6Ghz Turbo) Skylake LGA1151 Tray
Arctic Cooling Alpine 11 Rev. 2
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 for 1151
Hynix DDR4 8GBX2 2133Mhz
Gigabyte R9 390 8GB DDR5 GV-R939G1 Gaming-8GD WindForce 2X
Samsung SSD EVO 850 250GB
Seagate 1TB SATA III
Dell 24 Monitor - P2414H
NZXT H230 Glossy White + FSP 650W Raider
Logitech G600 MMO
Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard

Solution
Do you have another DP output to test it with? Did you try all 3 of the DP ports? I know from expereince that there is one of them that is the primary and must be plugged in the right order to get display. can't just toss it in what ever one you want (or at least that is how their Firepro series was when i was setting up two cards for 6 monitors.
Do you have another DP output to test it with? Did you try all 3 of the DP ports? I know from expereince that there is one of them that is the primary and must be plugged in the right order to get display. can't just toss it in what ever one you want (or at least that is how their Firepro series was when i was setting up two cards for 6 monitors.

Solution

666pluto

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
I don't have another dp output for testing. If I won't have a choice, I will test it in the store I bought the rig from, but hoping to avoid the drive.

Didn't try the other 2 ports, will do so after work. Does it matter if I connect everything while system is on?

666pluto

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Problem solved!
in the back of the screen there's a hole to pass all the cables through (to look cleaner). I felt it caused certain pressure on the DP cable, so I re-plugged the cable without moving it through the hole & it got the display up immediately.

thanks for your help drtweaka.

4kk708.jpg