Update to Windows 10, resulting in freezing. Drivers up to date.

AlyssaB

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Hello!
I installed windows 10 yesterday and ever since then my computer has been freezing when I attempt to do any gaming more intense than Dota 2 and even freezing occasionally during that. At first I thought my gpu was overheating as I have had problems with that in the past and installed the same monitors as before to check the temps and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Reading more into it I installed another program that allowed me to set the fan speeds a bit higher when certain temps were hit. Again it froze for what I can tell is no reason. All my drivers are up to date and I have no viruses.
Thanks for your time!

Here is what I have going on,
AMD- Radeon R9 290X
AMD- FX-9590 Eight-Core Processor
Asus- Sabertooth 990 FX r2.0 Motherboard
Corsair-16 GB RAM
Corsair - Hydro Series 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
2 TB hard drive- random crap
120 GB SSD- operating system only

Solution
Is your motherboard the Asus 990FX/Gen3 R2.0 or the 990FX R2.0 Sabertooth edition? Although there isn't a new BIOS out for either motherboard have you tried doing a BIOS downgrade? If you haven't updated to version 2501 on your BIOS then I suggest doing so first.

When you say:
I have had problems with that in the past
What OS were you running prior? This will also lead me to assume that your Windows 10 installation is from an upgrade, correct?

If the issue was persistent in your older OS then the culprit's are within the drivers/hardware. You didn't include your PSU and to add we may need your SSD's make and model if there are firmware updates necessary for your device.

Lutfij

Titan
Is your motherboard the Asus 990FX/Gen3 R2.0 or the 990FX R2.0 Sabertooth edition? Although there isn't a new BIOS out for either motherboard have you tried doing a BIOS downgrade? If you haven't updated to version 2501 on your BIOS then I suggest doing so first.

When you say:
I have had problems with that in the past
What OS were you running prior? This will also lead me to assume that your Windows 10 installation is from an upgrade, correct?

If the issue was persistent in your older OS then the culprit's are within the drivers/hardware. You didn't include your PSU and to add we may need your SSD's make and model if there are firmware updates necessary for your device.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts