New monitor in a dual monitor setup with serious glitches.

VitrasSlade

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015
I've had a LG 29" ultrawide monitor (Displayport) as my main display in a dual monitor setup along with a 19" Dell monitor (DVI) for about 2 months with none of these problems. I got a new 22" LG monitor (HDMI) to complement the other that I have, but there has been some issues that have arisen.

When waking up from the screensaver, the screens flash black a couple of times, or sometimes more. It also does this when starting up a game, but much, much more. I have been able to play all of my games before hand in ultrawide and regular 16:9 resolutions without this flashing. After this flashing in either instance, the resolution on my ultrawide changes: The width of the monitor is the same, but there are black bars on the top and bottom. In the display settings, it says that it is still in 2560x1080, but obviously is not.

The new monitor had come with a driver CD, but when I attempted to install the drivers it said the INF files were missing (though I have a multi storage configuration, so that could be the problem). I looked at the monitors' properties: The ultrawide show's up correctly with it's model name and all, saying its drivers were up to date, while the other is described as generic plug and play, saying the driver is also up to date.

I have no idea what the cause of the problem is or the solution for whatever it is. This is a real mess, so I don't expect any miracles. I'd be grateful for any help. Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Hello... Monitors don't use drivers... the .INF file will give Windows a name for that output and give setting suggestions.

What GPU are you trying to use first off....

First of all relax... Turn off any screen savers or power settings and APPs that might affect your Video card and Monitors... get just the basics working here I suggest.

1) Try setting up the new monitor first in Windows, unplug the other one... to see if the monitor is good... AND you can get the display settings you want out of it.