Still Have "Windows.old" Folder Even After Clean Install

Avagadro1

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
I just did my third Clean Install of Windows 10 (on a new machine) because each time Windows created a "Windows.old" folder in the C directory, just after the Windows directory.

I've even done "Atomic Bomb" reinstallations, using "Reset This PC" and wiping the entire SSD clean prior to installing Windows. I still get a "Windows.old" Folder.

Is there any way NOT to get a "Windows.old" Folder when installing Windows 10 in any manner?

By the way, using the "Disk Cleanup" tool will not get rid of the "Windows.old" folder.

Thank you.

windows.old will show up if you leave any partion with data on a hard drive and then try to install windows. to remove it boot from the windows boot disk and go to advance mode. delete all the partions from the boot disk. make sure there no system restore left. with the drive empty reboot the installer and make sure it pointed at the right drive.

Avagadro1

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015

Avagadro1

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015

Avagadro1

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015