I can't decide between laptop or a desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeGod

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
I'm 10th grade and my parents told me to chose between laptop or a desktop for the new year. In 2 years probably I will go to a college. I want to play video games too. Games like Fallout 4, The Withcher, AC Syndicate, Dying Light and more. I don't mind the lower settings so much. I like to watch a lot of movies and series too. Bingle-wathcing sometimes. I don't know what to tell them. I will probably need a laptop for a school work. It will be easier to watch movies with it but I don't have a high budget. 500-700$ max. I have no idea. I want to play video games even if not on the highest settings. I have never had a laptop before. I have always used have a pc.

vinny_S

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I was in your same shoes I'm in 12th grade now and 2 years ago i was getting a computer and my parents asked if i wanted to get a laptop or desktop. I ended up choosing a gaming laptop. Big mistake $1200 down the drain. The laptop was bulky and couldn't run good games well. Recently I upgraded to a gaming desktop and wow am I happy i did. For $200 cheaper I got a PC almost double the performance my other one had. Overall it is personal preference. if you want a computer for home to do homework on and play games... go for a desktop. But to play basic games (By basic I mean the max would be CS:GO) and to be semi portable go for a laptop. But if I were you, I would get a DESKTOP.

desktop. you get far better performance for the same cost with a desktop over a laptop. that, and if anything breaks its cheaper and easier to fix.

unless you absolutely need a laptop for portability to school, work or travel it makes sense to own a desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.