blue screen of death

rockape1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
i have been getting bsod every hour or so it says your pc has encountered a problem we are collecting some error info it goes on too say registery filter driver exceptionthen says wd filters.sys

Solution
wdfilters.sys is part of microsoft virus scanner

you will want to boot, run cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow
if there are any errors then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

shutdown your system and reboot and then run the sfc.exe command again

you can put your memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory on a server like microsoft one driver and share the file for public access.
generally, this particular error would require a kernel memory dump to figure out but start with the default memory dump and maybe I can see a known bad driver version. This assumes that the above two command do not find a corrupt file. If they do find a corrupt file then you need to find out why they were corrupted. IE...

aolish

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
You haven't given enough information on the nature of your problem.

-Please give us your system specs.
-What version of Windows are you running? Is it Windows 10?
-What was the last thing you did before you got your BSOD?

rockape1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

rockape1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
my spec is AMD A10 7800 radeon r7 64 bit with 64 bit processor my version is windows 10 and at the time it started i was playing poker on a social media site

aolish

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
This sounds like a registry problem related to Filter.sys. You can use CCleaner to clean your registry (just in case be sure to backup your registry). If that doesn't work then you can click on the following link below to get a lot more details about filter.sys BSODs. Take note on the 10 steps to do on the bottom of the screen. Keep us updated!

WARNING! Do NOT download ANY file that this website offers, I do not know the integrity of this file and so its best to stay away from it!

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/bsod-blue-screen-error/sys/windows/microsoft/msdn-development-platform-disc-16/filter-sys/

wdfilters.sys is part of microsoft virus scanner

you will want to boot, run cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow
if there are any errors then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

shutdown your system and reboot and then run the sfc.exe command again

you can put your memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory on a server like microsoft one driver and share the file for public access.
generally, this particular error would require a kernel memory dump to figure out but start with the default memory dump and maybe I can see a known bad driver version. This assumes that the above two command do not find a corrupt file. If they do find a corrupt file then you need to find out why they were corrupted. IE run malwarebytes scan

Solution