How to Activate Windows 10's Edge Browser Options, Including Zoomiing and Using Internet Explorer?

Avagadro1

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
In Windows 10 Edge Browser, click the button in the upper-right corner brings up a menu for ZOOMING and selecting to connect to the Internet using Internet Explorer.

I can get to that menu, but all the options are GRAYED OUT, including ZOOMING and the use of Internet Explorer.

I have been trying to make this menu active for all options . . . no success at all. (I might need to get to "Compatibility View" but I don't know how.)

Can anyone help? Thank you.

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
In EDGE you actually have to be on a web page, for Zoom to work.

You cannot get to IE from EDGE, it is a separate browser. Just open IE if you want it.

MS gets upset if EDGE is not the default browser.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why you would want to use either one. Although EDGE is fractionally faster, Google Chrome is far safer, easily customizable, and updated more frequently.

Bill

Avagadro1

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015

2. There are certain websites for professional or business operations that are designed for use by Explorer. Any other browser will not function as well.

3. The organization behind Chrome is not something that I wish to support. And, among those who understand the issue(s), I know many who agree.

4. I got it to work properly a couple of days ago.