Looking to purchase triple monitor setup and require advice

RaviV

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Hi,

First post here and looking for advice. I've read through a bunch of posts already but am posting as if possible I would like to purchase newer monitor models (if there is any benefit). The two i have listed below are fairly old models still but seem to be well priced and serve my purpose well by having thin bezels.

Right, so my current desktop is:

i7 4930k with corsair h100
2 x ATI radeon HD 7970 Ghz editions
12gb Ram (was 16 but one module was bad and I have not replaced it yet)
512gb ssd + 3tb storage
1 x 24" dell ultrasharp P2411H (oct 2010)

The PC is used a lot for gaming, but I am not looking for having a multi monitor setup to game on. Honestly I will probably use only the middle monitor for gaming, and the other monitors for chat windows and music etc, also I have begun doing some twitch streaming so only a single monitor will be used for gaming itself.

I want a triple monitor set-up and I also want to make sure to very have thin bezel monitors, but my current desk width is 115cm only. There is some space for overhang on either side of the desk, and if the monitors are angled in a curve I should be able to get away with it hopefully.

Options I've looked at are
Asus MX239H 23" IPS - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/23-asus-mx239h-monitor-ips-panel-1920x1080-5ms-250cd-m-brightness-speakers-d-sub-hdmi-silver

Asus VC239H - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/23-asus-vc239h-black-flicker-free-ips-led-monitor-1920x1080-5ms-250cd-m-brightness-speakers-d-sub-dv

Power consumption not a massive issue but I would like to go for an IPS and LED display or other lower power consuming options.

Advice would be much appreciated. Alternatives are welcomed too. I just do not want to go for a dual screen option as I like to have the main gaming monitor directly in front of me. I also want to have the option to game across all monitors and don't want a screen bezel edge in the middle of the display (as would happen with dual only).

Any other details that you guys might need to help me out here, let me know and i'll send them over asap!

Thanks in advance!