Force restarting the laptop after waking up (fresh Windows 10 install)

spiner980

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Hello everyone,
I know that there are already many posts about this problem, but some of the mentioned laptops from other manufacturers like HP or Dell have quite a lot more options in bios menu, that can solve this problem, but not Medion (Lenovo), and nobody had my kind of problems, after all. As I said, I have a Medion laptop, which ran into some problems (completely my fault, not Medion's) and it didn't want to boot up correctly anymore. So I freshly installed Windows 10 Pro on it and this happens every time: I put the laptop into sleep mode and after I pressed the power button, it doesn't power back on like it should, there are these issues - the screen lights up, but doesn't show up anything, the CPU is working, since there's heat coming out, but the fan doesn't turn on when it should, even after 25 minutes being powered on, so it gets really hot and the hard drive doesn't spin at all. I updated all the drivers, that I downloaded from the actual manufacturer's site, but nothing has worked so far... If anyone knows what to do, it would be awesome.
Greetings.

Solution
Do a reinstall, then get into the Power Settings. Change the Power Button to shut down.

You shouldn't have to touch the Power Button to bring it out of Sleep (don't understand why people use it), just touch the Mouse it will awaken.

Go through all your Power Settings, you may have conflicting settings between Sleep and Hibernation.

Bill

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Do a reinstall, then get into the Power Settings. Change the Power Button to shut down.

You shouldn't have to touch the Power Button to bring it out of Sleep (don't understand why people use it), just touch the Mouse it will awaken.

Go through all your Power Settings, you may have conflicting settings between Sleep and Hibernation.

Bill

Solution