made admin account guest HELP!!!

SilverBullet987

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
in my attempt to disable the startup password on my windows 10 pc I made my "admin" account a "guest" account how to I change it back to admin? please help

Solution
Go to Control Panel, User Accounts, go through the list and change whatever you want. You can delete or add an account.

You can also do this through the computer, if you don't have a Computer Icon on your desktop, go to Control Panel, Admin Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management, left click on listed C: drive, Properties, Security, and get rid of what ever you want to, or add anything.

Bill

Bill
You probably can't - a Guest account has no Permissions to do anything. If you're under a month since the upgrade, you could revert to the earlier OS but if that PC came with Windows 10, you'll have to reset it back to the day you bought it. Is there another account in the system?

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Go to Control Panel, User Accounts, go through the list and change whatever you want. You can delete or add an account.

You can also do this through the computer, if you don't have a Computer Icon on your desktop, go to Control Panel, Admin Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management, left click on listed C: drive, Properties, Security, and get rid of what ever you want to, or add anything.

Bill

Bill

Solution

Are you certain that's possible with only a Guest account, Bill? Another method would be to use the StartUp repair options from a DVD or from mashing the power key often enough to make it think there's something wrong. Then at the Command Prompt, type
net user Administrator /active:yes
and hit Enter.

After a restart, two icons should show in the bottom left hand corner and one of them will be Administrator.