Windows 10 Freezing when Alt+Tab out of games

gremlin999

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Hey all,

Got a gaming laptop recently happy with it so far but for some reason when I alt tab out of games and go back in windows will freeze up and will not let me go back into my game and freezes up all together.
I then have to hard reset my pc and then it will randomly install updates.
This doesnt happen all the time but it is very odd and I dont understand what it would do this

Its getting kind of annoying now and would really like some help
If anyone has any information about how to fix this error I would greatly appreciate it

SPECS:
I5 6300Q
8GB RAM
GTX 960M
500GB HDD

Thanks all,

Huw

Solution
I would start by recommending against the expectation of being able to Alt + Task out of games as it's never been guaranteed.

If Windows 10 is installing updates, one thing you can certainly try is to ensure all updates have been installed before playing your game. Windows 10 will happily update your driver software without your permission, so make sure your drivers are updated also. This certainly isn't something you want to do or have done during a game.
I would start by recommending against the expectation of being able to Alt + Task out of games as it's never been guaranteed.

If Windows 10 is installing updates, one thing you can certainly try is to ensure all updates have been installed before playing your game. Windows 10 will happily update your driver software without your permission, so make sure your drivers are updated also. This certainly isn't something you want to do or have done during a game.

Solution