"ASUS VN247H" - Colours are very "matte" and the gamma is way to high.

Mads Haugaard

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
So i just got this monitor i wished for christmas. But now i'm really confused on the good rating it got and compared to the colours.

All the colours are very matte and the gamma is very high. I tried changing all the settings that was avalible and yet it just gets worse. I'm now running Dual Monitors and my primary is this ASUS VN247H. And my secound monitor is the "Samsung SYNC Master SA300".

ive been complaining that my old monitor wich is about 2-3 years old now. Is getting a bit darker. But when i'm comparing the 2 monitors with the SAME Wallpaper. I can clearly see that my old monitor wins.. It's so much Sharper and a hell alot easier to change settings on.

I'm running my ASUS With a HDMI Cable to my GPU (gtx980) and my secound monitor with a DVI cable.

Is there something i can do in windows? I just can't understand it..SOME People have the same issue when i googled it myself but no answer.

If you have any idea. Please help!

Solution
I see what you're saying here Mads. I just got this monitor a couple of days ago and have tried so many different settings and ICC profile's to try and match the color to my old monitor which is a Samsung S23B550 with I prefer much more. I think I'm just going to send this back and get another one. I'm not happy with this at all. I'm also using a HDMI cable straight to my 970

Vitaceous

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
I see what you're saying here Mads. I just got this monitor a couple of days ago and have tried so many different settings and ICC profile's to try and match the color to my old monitor which is a Samsung S23B550 with I prefer much more. I think I'm just going to send this back and get another one. I'm not happy with this at all. I'm also using a HDMI cable straight to my 970

Solution