IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED causes BSOD continously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlielogan

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hello everyone,

I've been having problems with this new workstation for a while and I've looked online for a solution for this problem but I can't seem to find any right answer for this? I've looked into some of the other threads but I hit a dead end since this can be caused by any driver conflict I believe.

I've ran the system through BlueScreenView to see the dump files and I've noticed that

ntoskml.exe (both IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED )
tcpip.sys (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
usbehci.sys (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
storport.sys (when it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

are the system files that causes these two errors

I am looking for a solution to this problem because lately it's been becoming more frequent, I would appreciate the help! :)

Specs:

Windows 10 64-Bit
Quadro K5000
64GB Ram
Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @3.20GHz, 3.20GHz
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
You are right that it could be caused by a driver issue/conflict though you didn't mention one thing in your systems specs, that is the motherboard.

From the above list of culprits,
tcip> the lan drivers are the issue
usbehci> chipset drivers
storport> would be your storage/sata drivers as well it may even be drivers for third party storage controllers.

If you can pass on your motherboard model we could source revised drivers. Reinstalling the necessary drivers meant for Windows 10 can solve that issue or you can install them in compatibility mode.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from the drop down menu] whichever corresponds to the available drivers.

Is this installation via an upgrade path or a clean install?

charlielogan

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

Hey there! Thanks for your answer,

I actually solved the issue by myself the other day via the use of the third party application I bought just for this reason: Driver Genius. It updated all of my drivers that I did not even know existed and ever since then I have not suffered through this problem ever again.

I'm pretty sure I could update all the driver myself manually but the program did it for me and so far so good. Thanks for your attention however!

P.S. And it was a clean install (-:

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
You're welcome! I've marked your post as the answer in case anyone is looking for a solution to a similar issue though it usually entails the drivers that are conflicting with OS.

I'll go ahead and close this thread. If you'd like the thread re-opened, fell free to PM me.
Lutfij

Status
Not open for further replies.