BAD_POOL_HEADER Blue Screen Of Death error

Zaneisback

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
Hi all!

Today I received two BSODs with the error "BAD_POOL_HEADER" while going about normal tasks like web browsing and playing CS:GO. I understand that the two most likely causes of this issue are bad RAM or conficting drivers. At this point I have determined that my RAM is not faulty by replicating the issue with different modules.

The only minidump file in my directory was this: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/530626/122615-24343-01.zip

I've been having a fair amount of trouble from my system even after a very slow replacement of all of my components. I've even reinstalled the OS multiple times!

Any solutions to this problem would be a wonderful help!

Specs:
EVGA GTX 780
Gibabyte 990FXA-UD3
FX-8350 @ 4.2 GHz
Corsair H110i GT Liquid Cooler
Corsair Air 540
Patriot 16GB DDR3 4x4 kit @ 1600MHz
Corsair RM850 PSU
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Solution
You forgot to add your motherboard into your systems specs :)

Going through your .dmp file I noticed that the culprit is tcpip.sys which is related to your networking drivers. Are you connected to the internet via a wired(LAN port) or a wireless(Wi-Fi) connection? If in either case please install the latest drivers and the issue should be non existent. Broadcom and Killer ethernet/wireless drivers tend to throw these issues alot on Windows 10.

The best way to verify that your ram is ok or not is to run them under memtest86+ for at least 10 passes. Any errors that do crop up means that the ram kit is faulty.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to add your motherboard into your systems specs :)

Going through your .dmp file I noticed that the culprit is tcpip.sys which is related to your networking drivers. Are you connected to the internet via a wired(LAN port) or a wireless(Wi-Fi) connection? If in either case please install the latest drivers and the issue should be non existent. Broadcom and Killer ethernet/wireless drivers tend to throw these issues alot on Windows 10.

The best way to verify that your ram is ok or not is to run them under memtest86+ for at least 10 passes. Any errors that do crop up means that the ram kit is faulty.

Solution

Zaneisback

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

I'm using a Wireless connection using a Netgear A6210 USB 3.0 Wireless Adapter.

Thank you very much for answering! This thread was starting to age a little bit.

Lutfij

Titan
Uninstall your third party utility and disable your LAN in your BIOS if you're not using it. I'd also suggest uninstalling the Realtek Device drivers for the LAN port. Have you installed the latest drivers for your Wireless adapter with that found here?

I'd also suggest installing only the drivers for the device instead of installing the suite/software package. Would also be good to plug into an available USB 3.0 port. My Netgear wireless adapter would cause my system to hang freeze although it was on Windows 7 the issue was averted once I swapped out my wireless adapter.

You're welcome :) though we're just here to help.

I have to ask, did you select my post as the solution because it helped your issue or that you clicked on it by accident ? :)

Zaneisback

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

I re-installed the drivers for my wireless adapter after you first replied to me. I will uninstall the Realtek drivers after I send this.

My adapter is actually in what is labeled as a USB 3.0 port. I believe there may be some sort of issue with it as Windows also requests that I connect my adapter to a "USB 3.0 super speed port" so I'll look farther into that :).

I selected your post as the answer because it did help and provided insight into my issue. I really appreciate help on this website, because I consider myself relatively knowledgeable, I think I just lack experience. But hopefully I can remedy that by getting industry certifications. Thank you very much again! :wahoo:

Zaneisback

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

I would act now and implement a solution rather than waiting and losing something vital during a crash.