Just built a new pc and I'm having trouble with the monitor

Hayden Voegtle

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

I just got done building my new computer a few minutes ago and when I went to plug it into the monitor it just said "analog" or "digital" and then went off. It didn't go completely off, there's still a bluish, black backlight but Windows wouldn't immidialaty load up like it normally does. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Thanks for your input!

Hayden Voegtle

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

Yeah, I'm using hardrives and an SSD from a previous build. My specs are as follows:

Asrock H81M mobo
MSI R9 390 gpu
Samsung 840 Evo SSD (120gb)
Western Digital Blue (1tb)
Seasonic X series (1050w)
Corsair Vengeance ram (8gb)
i7-4770 cpu (non K)

And the previous build was a very similar Intel build as well? It will not work otherwise! Anyway: first step is to take out the graphics card and connect the monitor to the onboard graphic.

Hayden Voegtle

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

Yes the previous build was similar. Right now the monitor is plugged into the motherboard not the graphics card.

And the graphics card out? It will not work otherwise.

Hayden Voegtle

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

I just got it working by changing the monitor input plug from the mobo to the graphics card. Before I changed it back to the right resolution the screen would turn off every few seconds but I haven't seen it do it since reverting it back to 1080p. Do you know what to do just in case it happens again?

Thanks for the help!