Wifi Connectivity: Default Gateway not available

Grawlixz

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
My Windows 10 PC has been working fine for nearly 2 weeks, but today I started having issues with the internet going out randomly. The only hardware change is that today I moved the PC from on top of my desk to underneath it. It's still within 3 feet of the wireless router, so I doubt that would be the problem (if it is, why would the net work sometimes and not others?).

The main error seems to be "Default Gateway not available". I've already tried updating my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 network adapter to the latest driver. I've also disabled power management savings for my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapters.

I tried this, too: http://www.sysprobs.com/fixed-windows-10-limited-connectivity-not-getting-ip-from-dhcp

I don't know what else to do. It seems that the net goes out randomly.

Grawlixz

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

I doubt it's loose, since it's been working fine for the past couple hours. I'll wait til tomorrow to see if the issue comes back. As for the why, I live in Florida. Lighting has killed many devices in my home, and it usually comes in through the internet line. It sucks, but it's worth it to not worry about every lightning strike killing my comp.

Grawlixz

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
I'm now 80% sure it was the magnet in my EVGA UV+ 39 display adapter. I had it sitting on top my PC since this afternoon and didn't know there was a magnet in it. When I take it off the top of the PC, the wifi has no problems. That's... ridiculous. zz Now if I could just figure out why this display adapter blacks out every now and then, I'd be in business.

Edit: did more testing. 100% sure it was the magnet. I waste a couple hours, whoo.

Grawlixz

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

I live in a house that's been struck by lightning 3 times in memory, taking out various electronics along with it. Better safe than sorry. :p