Computer dropping video signal mid game play (cpu overheating? Issue with GPU or PSU?)

Bfallneu

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
Hi I just built a computer has some powerful components.

Here is my parts list below
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bfall/saved/XfLmP6

So during playing a game the signal will just randomly stop sending to the monitor. I had some issues with the cpu fan only getting about 600 rpm when I was going through the initial bios update.

Another issue that it might be is that I changed no bios settings on initial setup and didn't update any drivers.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Bfall

Solution
I hope you didn't plug in the pci pins into the cpu and turn it on because the cpu and pci cables have only ground and 12V power but they are switched. I would do a GPU stress test with fur mark don't run it very long like 30 mins because it can actually hurt the gpu. and 600rpm is normal for the EVo on idle.

Bfallneu

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
Also I should probably add that due to the case we had trouble putting the gpu in so we had to try to reseat it a bunch of times not sure if that could have caused any damage and tried plugging in a 6+2 pci-e cord into the cpu power the first time

I'd like to think it's either the cooling fan or the drivers not being updated

a39232

Honorable
May 13, 2012
I hope you didn't plug in the pci pins into the cpu and turn it on because the cpu and pci cables have only ground and 12V power but they are switched. I would do a GPU stress test with fur mark don't run it very long like 30 mins because it can actually hurt the gpu. and 600rpm is normal for the EVo on idle.

Solution