Neil_9

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Use the Nvidia Control Panel:

1) Choose Adjust desktop size

2) In SCALING TAB:

select FULL-SCREEN

3) Perform scaling on GPU (not display)

4) Check "Override the scaling mode set by games)

5) Click on SIZE tab

Select Enable desktop resizing

6) Click on RESIZE window

Narrow the width resolution to make 4:3 shape window.

>>> A ratio calculator can be found on http://size43.com/jqueryVideoTool-4x3.html

This would be 1394 X 1050 for a normally 1680 X 1050 Note: Nvidia will remember the scaling ratio
for the next time you use this- yea!

That's it.

Set back to normal after done playing game.

Solution
sure..
though it's fine to do it on the Display provided it also is set to Aspect scaling.

but...
*Why are you messing with override anyway when GPU + Aspect (or Monitor if aspect is set) works just fine?

more...
I guess you mean really, really old where even that doesn't work like some (cough) hentai games I've played at 640x480?

For that, all I did was go to the desktop, right-click and drop to the most appropriate resolution for the game then go back again.

Summary:
Hey, not saying you're wrong but it took a while to figure out what you meant. I think it would be confusing to a lot of people.
sure..
though it's fine to do it on the Display provided it also is set to Aspect scaling.

but...
*Why are you messing with override anyway when GPU + Aspect (or Monitor if aspect is set) works just fine?

more...
I guess you mean really, really old where even that doesn't work like some (cough) hentai games I've played at 640x480?

For that, all I did was go to the desktop, right-click and drop to the most appropriate resolution for the game then go back again.

Summary:
Hey, not saying you're wrong but it took a while to figure out what you meant. I think it would be confusing to a lot of people.

Solution

Neil_9

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015

Just follow the steps- its the easiest explanation compared to others I've found online. Thanks.