Nuance pdf software requires new activation at Win10 installation?

808dude

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
My ancient but still-useful Nuance PDF Converter 6 software went into "trial version" mode after I'd upgraded to Win10 from 8.1. Nuance tech support just says it's "not compatible" with Win10, but this doesn't quite make sense. It runs and thus far seems to work just as it always did (just insists on watermarking pdfs with "trial version") but won't re-activate, so...it's "incompatible?"

Is that just a way of forcing me to move on and buy something new?

Solution
Yes - but you probably should try an Un-install (while online to "free-up" the license) and then reinstall. (you may have to use Compatibility Mode on the setup.exe to install, and then to Run after install)

Also even though Tech Support says it's not compatible, you still have a Legal License - get back online with support (not tech support, maybe billing?) to have them at least check and see if it just needs "releasing" you can activate it again.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Yes - but you probably should try an Un-install (while online to "free-up" the license) and then reinstall. (you may have to use Compatibility Mode on the setup.exe to install, and then to Run after install)

Also even though Tech Support says it's not compatible, you still have a Legal License - get back online with support (not tech support, maybe billing?) to have them at least check and see if it just needs "releasing" you can activate it again.

Solution

808dude

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Well, I uninstalled & re-installed, and that didn't get it - on attempting to activate, it's telling me I've got too many installations or some such.

I called Nuance again and told them I doubted their previous response; 3-4 minutes on hold and they set it up to re-activate, but took the opportunity to tell me if it didn't work, I was welcome to buy their upgrade...fortunately, it did activate, and seems to allow me to modify documents without watermarking them.

Thanks for the help.