Win 10 won't boot when ssd it plugged in but boots fine when only the hdd is pluged in

DaRealAmir

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
I installed win 10 on my new ssd got used to it but after playing 1 game that was on hdd it crashes os tells me to use recovery disk all options failed I finally got a way to reset the ssd but then the win 10 installer crashes on me. my bios detects the ssd fine but when I use Windows USB to boot it never loads but it loads in 1 second when only my hdd is plug in nothing else tried switichiy cables didn't work.

Solution
Your post seems to sound like you have an installation of Windows 10 on your HDD(prior) as well as your SSD. Have you tried performing the installation off of a recreated bootable USB installer in order to rule out any corruption in your initial installer? On that note is this a clean installation or one via an upgrade path?

Is it possible to pass on your full system specs? Have you installed all the necessary BIOS and driver updates for your system required for optimal operation of Windows 10? It'd be good if you could specify your system specs prior to the SSD's inclusion.

Lutfij

Titan
Your post seems to sound like you have an installation of Windows 10 on your HDD(prior) as well as your SSD. Have you tried performing the installation off of a recreated bootable USB installer in order to rule out any corruption in your initial installer? On that note is this a clean installation or one via an upgrade path?

Is it possible to pass on your full system specs? Have you installed all the necessary BIOS and driver updates for your system required for optimal operation of Windows 10? It'd be good if you could specify your system specs prior to the SSD's inclusion.

Solution