Sometimes get a black screen after bios but monitor is still active.

elan4790k

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Ever since pressing the restart button while inside windows 10 on the HAF 912 case the screen turns grey after the UEFI splash screen. If I restart, it does it every time but only sometimes when cold starting. Also does it when I click restart in the start menu.
When i press one of the command keys del/f11 while at the UEFI splash screen it will freeze sometimes and I will have to press the restart button, this has started at the same time as the restart glitch.
I think this is a Windows problem because when I do a fresh reinstall these problems are gone pressing the restart on the case somehow caused this. If I press the restart button while at the bios I dont get the grey screen. I don't want to have to reinstall. All my drivers are up to date including the UEFI.

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum.

Specs:
CPU - I7-4790k OC to 4.5GHz
Motherboard - Asrock Z97x Fatality
SSD - 256GB Samsung 850 EVO
Ram - 8GB 2x4 EVO Veloce
Power Supply - Rosewill ARC - M550
GPU - MSI GTX 960 2GB

elan4790k

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
This is a strange problem and I can't think of whats wrong. I don't get bluescreens or errors. I got one bluescreen a week ago long before this problem started it said 'memory management error' I think. I have tested with the windows memory diagnostics two times. I got the bluescreen while on chrome so to test I opened hundreds of tabs to use all 8gb of ram no problem at all. Anyone?

TRENDING THREADS