Windows 10 Display/Graphics Driver Failure

Sunkin351

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
System Specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (OC'ed to 3.4 GHZ)
Memory: http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl8q-8gbzh
MotherBoard: EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI (Exact model: 132-CK-NF79)(As read by CPU-Z)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Power supply capacity: 750W

All too often when I am in the middle of playing a game or watching youtube, my monitor goes blank after everything freezes for a moment, and then my monitor displays the message that its not receiving a signal, and yet sound plays on normally, which leads me to believe my graphics drivers have failed for reasons unknown to me, and not my OS.

Yes, I am OC'ed, however, it happens whether or not I am Overclocking my processor... I have tested this at its factory default speed of 2.4 GHz... My graphics card is supposedly brand new, and in good condition. I have tried everything from messing with voltages to completely resetting and reinstalling Windows 10.

Can someone tell me what could be causing this?

(Note: I look into my system event log and find that Event ID 4101 happens several times before I restart my machine. The event reports that my display drivers stopped responding and (Supposedly) recovered, pointing to "nvlddmkm" as the driver.)

Sunkin351

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
Ya, About that... Im currently stuck in 350.12 because my internet is being unreliable and GeForce Experience cant connect to Nvidia... Its not just the latest driver. That I am sure of.

Edit: To be absolutely clear, before I reinstalled windows, I had the latest GeForce driver available... (I believe... Could be wrong on that one...)

Sunkin351

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
So, it does turn out it is an OC instability problem, but taking into account that it was stable before at the settings I had it running on, I think my hardware is just getting old, specifically, my Motherboard. I have since found new settings that keep me more stable than what I was dealing with, but I fear that I may have to replace all the important parts of my system to make sure it runs at its best. (The motherboard, yes, but also my processor because I cant find another board capable of using the Core2 Quad.)