Windows 10 Not Recognizing External SSD Drives

SentryKnight

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
I have purchased several SSD drives that I am cloning to match hardware I am upgrading. I am using a USB 3.0 Drive enclosure that recognizes standard SATA drives but not the SSD. When I attach the same enclosure on a Windows 7 machine it sees the drive right away and assigns it a drive letter. The SSD does not appear in disk management either. Thoughts?

Solution
For anything Windows 10 related, you should not perform an installation that is remotely similar to a cloned image. If you want a Windows 10 installation on your system(s) then its best handled through the old fashioned route. Windows 10 in itself is yet finicky with the way users handle it and more so when there is a mandatory update available for any system.

Might I ask what your systems specs are?

Lutfij

Titan
For anything Windows 10 related, you should not perform an installation that is remotely similar to a cloned image. If you want a Windows 10 installation on your system(s) then its best handled through the old fashioned route. Windows 10 in itself is yet finicky with the way users handle it and more so when there is a mandatory update available for any system.

Might I ask what your systems specs are?

Solution