Windows Boot Manager boot option

t_fink

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and I switched from having the OS on my HDD to having the OS on my SSD. Now that everything is done, where I try to change the boot priority in the BIOS, Windows boot manager is listed as the first option. What is this? Do I need it? How can I get rid of it?

Here is how my Boot Priorities is set up:

1. Windows Boot Manager (P1: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB)
2. P0: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (238475MB)
3. P1 ASUS DRW-24B1ST c

It will not let me boot from my second option: the SSD.

Also, when I look in Disk Management, there is a 99MB partition shown for "EFI System Partition." it might be worth noting that under Secure Boot, in the BIOS, it shows the OS type as Windows UEFI mode, not sure if that means anything.

Any input would be helpful, I've looked for a solution but couldn't find one. Thank you.

Solution
Have a read through this thread. That being posted, you're in no trouble at all.

I would however suggest that you back up your sensitive data onto an external device for safety concerns. Windows 10 is known to go belly up with minor changes in registry or powershell or even in CMD, let alone, mandatory Windows updates.

Lutfij

Titan
Have a read through this thread. That being posted, you're in no trouble at all.

I would however suggest that you back up your sensitive data onto an external device for safety concerns. Windows 10 is known to go belly up with minor changes in registry or powershell or even in CMD, let alone, mandatory Windows updates.

Solution