System shuts down when idle after 15 mins

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Ok, for the last couple months, my pc will go idle after 15 minutes or so, and reboot back to the lock screen. I can game all day, and it doesn't do it, I can surf the web, watch videos off either hdd etc etc and it's fine.

I've tried all the solutions I've seen: changing settings in the power menus, turning off windows auto update etc. It's weird. It was happening until I shut off the windows 10 update and did it manually by scheduling a reset and update. That wa smaybe 3 weeks ago. It stopped until a couple days ago. I get Kernel 400, 410, and 440 errors each time, and it's always referencing my toshiba internal hard drive.

I dont get it. If something was wrong with this hard drive, wouldn't it be malfunctioning in any way when used? I have a ton of tv and movies on this hard drive, and that's it. I'll watch hours of tv off of the hdd, but when I leave the pc idle for 15 mins or so to make food, I come back and it's at the windows login screen.

I've checked the drivers for my hdd in device manager, and it says it's up to date, but when I enter the serial in toshiba's site, I dont get anything. (their site is insanely convoluted and confusing in design)

Can someone please help me? I would really like to know why this keeps happening, and if something real bad is wrong.

Hi,

Please do try these steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Click Start then Settings and look for Systems.
- On the left pane click on Power & sleep and on the right pane click on Additional power settings under Related settings.
- Next is to click on Require a password on wake up on the left pane then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
- Under Password protection on wake-up select Don't require a password then click Save changes.