ASUS ROG Windows 10 audio problem

phanik2007

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Hi,

I own an ASUS ROG WH71 laptop with windows 10 and Realtek high definition audio. Whenever i watch Netflix or any stream that uses a flash player or silverlight player, the sound increases automatically whenever i play the next video or forward/rewind the video. Otherwise, it runs very smooth, till i perform the previously mentioned steps. The sound increases, but volume level stays constant. For example, if my volume level is 24 and I am watching a netflix video (ep 1), then i choose next episode (ep 2), the sound increases automatically with volume level being 24. I can also feel the bass coming out of my speakers when this happens. Interesting part is, when i now change my volume to 22/26, the sound decreases and returns back to it's previous phase, along with the vanishing of bass. This is like a cycle and happening in all web browsers. It never happens when i play any online game.
All enhancements are disabled along with sound effects. The drivers are latest. I have disabled and enabled the device, but it did not help. Can you suggest a fix for it?

Solution
You've mentioned about the arbitrary sound levels as well as the browser plugins such as flash/silverlight but you didn't mention which browser you were using. If you're using Edge then her's what they do not support. Can you replicate the issue among other browsers?

Could you please pass on your full systems specs i.e the model number ? Since a search of your laptop model brings up a long list of purchase links and varying SKU's. Have you also tried uninstalling and re-installing Realtek's Drivers with version R2.79 from their driver download page?

Lutfij

Titan
You've mentioned about the arbitrary sound levels as well as the browser plugins such as flash/silverlight but you didn't mention which browser you were using. If you're using Edge then her's what they do not support. Can you replicate the issue among other browsers?

Could you please pass on your full systems specs i.e the model number ? Since a search of your laptop model brings up a long list of purchase links and varying SKU's. Have you also tried uninstalling and re-installing Realtek's Drivers with version R2.79 from their driver download page?

Solution

phanik2007

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Google Chrome Browser.
Laptop: ASUS ROG G751JT-WH71(WX)
i7-4720 (2.6 - 3.6 GHz), NVidia 970M 3GB, 16GB Ram, Windows 10

I forwarded this question to ASUS and they asked me to update the BIOS along with uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from their website. Nothing changed after reinstalling the audio drivers. There are 4 other forums regarding this issue with win10 and Realtek HD and none have got a solid answer till date.

It's not a very serious issue, but it's uncomfortable at times. Anyway, thanks for taking your time in answering my question.