Brightness in Windows 10 keeps changing back to about 30%

Meon1845

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
The automatic brightness change is turned off and I have updated all my drivers, but the brightness of screen of my laptop keeps randomly changing to 30%, even when I'm working on it. My laptop is SONY VAIO SVS1311P9EB.

Can some of you help me, please?

Solution
According to this site have you updated your BIOS to the latest available? I can't hunt down the product support page for your unit as it may be out dated. edit: I tried to hunt it out on their site but can't find your corresponding model from their drop down lists (Sony Vaio Laptop>SVS>select model). Nevertheless have you installed the drivers in compatibility mode under a Windows 8 environment? The latest driver support shows it to be compatible with Windows 8.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from the drop down menu]

If the issue came about after a mandatory Windows update then perform a system restore to a point prior to seeing the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
According to this site have you updated your BIOS to the latest available? I can't hunt down the product support page for your unit as it may be out dated. edit: I tried to hunt it out on their site but can't find your corresponding model from their drop down lists (Sony Vaio Laptop>SVS>select model). Nevertheless have you installed the drivers in compatibility mode under a Windows 8 environment? The latest driver support shows it to be compatible with Windows 8.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from the drop down menu]

If the issue came about after a mandatory Windows update then perform a system restore to a point prior to seeing the issue.

Solution