No speakers or headphones are plugged in. sound Problem

Razcliff

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Okay so my computer had Linux and the sound was working fine. Next I added two acer ram cards, I turned it on. Linux was working Better and still working with sound. I got more ram to :wahoo:

But I installed windows 7 on there and the sound wouldn't work. :??: Theres a red X on the sound icon. I plugged in my headphones, then tried speakers, still wont work.
I tried reinstalling windows.. no luck, I reinstalled the sound drivers, still wont work.
I even tried finding drivers for it online. I booted into Ubuntu, the sound still didnt work, so I went back to windows again.

My computer is a HP media center PC m7265c

The sound wont work, I get the error..
No speakers or headphones are plugged in.

(on the sound icon)

please help!

mkbmayank

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
Hello Razcliff, first check your sound drivers is support or not. Please run command and type dxdiag in run and check your sound driver is support or not.

Razcliff

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Okay, I did the directX diagnostic tool it said:

No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

Razcliff

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I opened my PC and there was a sound card installed.
I can't find the driver software for it online.

Asus 5188-4214 Pci Ntsc Tv Tuner Board
Item Code: TVHPPSI51884214
Manufacturer:Asus / Asustek Computer
Model:5188-4214 60-C1VE62-B01

BrandX

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Does a TV tuner card work as a sound card? The ASUS UK support center website is down for maintenance at the moment, but I should think the drivers are there.

https://www.asus.com/uk/support/

Razcliff

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I guess it does, because my audio jack connects to that card.
Maybe I am wrong. But My sound was working with Linux why is it not working with win7?? :??:

mkbmayank

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
if you have motherboard cd drive. the sound drivers are available in motherboard cd. if not you update the your sound drivers for asus.

BrandX

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

Razcliff

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Problem FIXED!

I took out the card, cleaned it, put it back in another slot lol.
Then I went back into device manager, went to sound, updated the driver software for my card, and it Updated! (asus support was back)

I right clicked the sound icon (at tray) and went in play back devices and seen a new sound icon!

The sound still wasn't working because.... the tv tuner card was for component audio jacks for tv... not speakers and headphones.

So I went back to device manager (to sound) right clicked and updated the second high definition audio.
And it worked.

I am still confused why it didnt update last time.
Thanks guys! :D