How to switch from dedicated to integrated graphics?

TimBru14

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Hi all

I want to remove the Nvidia GTX 750 from my current PC and move it to another PC but I am a bit puzzled by how exactly I would go about doing this. When I first got the PC, I could go to Device Manager and the GTX 750 along with the integrated AMD graphics were present however I can now only see the GTX 750 after upgrading to Windows 10. If I try installing the drivers for the AMD integrated card, it tells me that I am currently using an Nvidia GPU and thus the driver cannot be installed.

Sorry for making this so long but what I'm trying to get at is if I remove the Nvidia GPU along with the drivers (in Safe Mode I'm assuming) then would my PC automatically detect the integrated card and use that instead? (I have checked the BIOS and it does not give the option to switch between the integrated and dedicated cards - motherboard is an MSI AM1I)

Thanks in advance :)

TimBru14

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015

Hi NightAntilli

I tried what you said and it did not work. The monitor does not receive any signal if I connect the cable directly to the motherboard output rather than the dedicated GPU.

Ok. Normally it should detect it automatically even with the card installed. Simply remove the card, and try the above again. If that doesn't work, we will have to look deeper. You don't really have to remove the drivers.