PC crashes after 5 minutes of use but works fine after reboot

Devildog8teen

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Hey guys, about a month ago I built a new pc with windows 10 home 64 bit but about 2 weeks ago my computer had this issue where it blue-screens after 5 minutes of use, reboots and works perfectly after that. The most common error message that i get when it goes into blue-screen is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Also about 3 weeks ago i was installing an internet card, i plugged in the internet card and the computer turned on. The card didn't click into place so i pulled it out(while the computer was on, i know very stupid) but while i was doing that it touched the GPU and caused a spark. I don't know whether i have incorrect drivers or if any of the components were damaged in the spark.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution

I've had a...

Lutfij

Titan
You may have inadvertently caused your ram to short out. NEVER poke around hardware when the system is running and that includes plugging in device or even removing them from their slots irrespective of any clicky sounds.

Try and perform a system restore earlier than 3 weeks and see if the issue is flipped. You can also try a repair install with your updates in place.

We could provide a little more insight if we could learn of your full systems specs inclusive of your internet card. You would be best served by locating your .dmp files and hosting them on a site and later linking them here for us to study them.

BlackHawkBurns

Honorable
Jan 12, 2016

I've had a similar problem to this.
I got it resolved, fairly simply.
What you should do is update to the latest version of windows 10 (Check for update).
Then download driver booster 3 and search for any outdated drivers.
If there are then update them and restart your computer.

If the problem still occurs after that you can try another solution.
Open CMD as administrator and do run
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
and then
sfc /scannow
These might take a while so give it a bit of time.
After that if your problem still hasn't been resolve it might be hardware.
You did cause a component to spark after all.

Solution