Problem Screen Resolution

JohnMS

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
I had connected the hdmi monitor the mother, because I had no video card, now i bougth install it and everything is fine, but the boot and enter BIOS has a horrible resolution.
the resolution when already on the desktop is good (1080p), the bios logo is too big when boot.
I hope you can help me
my gpu is gtx970
everything happen when i plugged the hdmi to hdmi gpu

G

BIOS rez is fixed across the board by all manufacturers... You cannot "upscale" it, unless there is an option within the GUI menu (if your BIOS has GUI) to do so.

However, there are options in the BIOS to change the BIOS logo on boot up to make it smaller/less garish; look under boot options, miscellaneous, boot logo, etc. and change it's appearance there, save and exit.

JohnMS

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
that didn't work for me, i want say tha the windows load screem looks bad nor in 1080p before put my gpu, i plugg into hdmi gpu. Also the bios looks bad for this reason

G

Have you tried using a DVI cable or Display-Port (if your monitor supports it) to your monitor, instead of using the HDMI? Question two, why are you using HDMI only; because your monitor has speakers?

Also, have you ensured that your display settings in Windows are correct; showing the correct rez/refresh-rate that your monitor is in conjunction with your NV Control Panel/AMD settings show the correct settings as well? You never stated what GPU you have...

JohnMS

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
my monitor doesn't have speakers, I use hdmi for the resolution, I got gtx 970. I read that the windows load looks bad because just load the driver of the GPU when windows dektop