Full on gaming monitor 1080P or 2160P?

Aftermath23

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
What will be better a ASUS VG248QE 1080P monitor 1ms 144Hz LED TN panel or ASUS PB287Q 2160P 1ms 60Hz W-LED TN panel? I'm looking for both eye-candy and performance. I have high-midrange PC here's the specs
1xGTX970 stock not OC yet.
4970K@4.6GHz
DDR3@2.6GHz 10-12-12-31-1T
Now the question is I might be playing current games at 4K medium settings or less now with 1080P ill be playing current games on Ultra settings so now is it worth getting 4K over 1080P?

Solution
I was just provided a new 4K monitor at work. It's nice, but I cannot get text in all programs to scale to easily readable sizes for my 56-yr old eyes. You may not have that problem. The 2K monitor seems just right to me; I actually bought it more for text work than gaming, but I do play some games too. My normal GPU was also a GTX970, but it died in its sleep yesterday, so until it comes back, I've put in a GTX750Ti; I've not played any games with that yet, but will this weekend. In your place, I'd probably stick to 1080p, especially if you're interested in 3D. With much better eyes, it would be a tougher call.
I was just provided a new 4K monitor at work. It's nice, but I cannot get text in all programs to scale to easily readable sizes for my 56-yr old eyes. You may not have that problem. The 2K monitor seems just right to me; I actually bought it more for text work than gaming, but I do play some games too. My normal GPU was also a GTX970, but it died in its sleep yesterday, so until it comes back, I've put in a GTX750Ti; I've not played any games with that yet, but will this weekend. In your place, I'd probably stick to 1080p, especially if you're interested in 3D. With much better eyes, it would be a tougher call.

Solution